History of the School
has a long history that originated in 1978 when Dr. Roy Rose founded The Academy for Medical & Dental
Assistants. In 1983 Texas Education Corporation purchased the school
and renamed it the VTI - Academy for Medical & Dental Assistants. The
school received its initial accreditation from the Accrediting Commission
of the National Association of Trade & Technical Schools in the same year.
In 1990 Prince Careers Inc. purchased the campus and continues its tradition
of providing highly skilled personnel for the growing allied health industry
under the name PCI Health Training Center. In March 2005 PCI opened
their second campus in Richardson, Texas.
Medical Training Programs
The school currently offers the Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician
Medical Office Assistant programs. The newest program Dental
Assistant available at the Richardson campus location. PCI
made the commitment a long time ago,
to provide training specifically for the allied heath careers, and we have continued to
concentrate our efforts in this area exclusively. Through focused,
specialized, short-term career training programs, PCI can prepare an individual
with the necessary skills and technical knowledge to begin functioning immediately
as a medical health care professional.
Our vision is to be recognized a the leader in the allied health training
industry, empowering individuals with the necessary skills, while enhancing
the health care industry’s ability to better serve our community.
Serving as an industry leader, it is the mission of PCI to assist students,
staff and employers to achieve their full potential, providing the necessary
training and creating an environment conducive to success. PCI will
hire, train, and maintain a professional staff with the ability to instill
the knowledge, skills and professionalism necessary for a graduate to enter,
succeed and advance in the allied health care industry.
8101 John Carpenter Freeway Dallas, Texas 75076
1300 International Parkway Richardson, Texas 75081